LOTUS sacramento CORP - Sacramento, CA
The role of the Account Executive is to generate and grow revenue from local and regional advertising accounts in order to meet sales goals. This position is considered an outside sales position, and requires that the Account Executive be out of the office more than 50% of the time conducting sales activities with clients.
Responsibilities and Duties
Establish and maintain new station advertisers through prospecting and great client service
Primary responsibilities will include cold calling, developing new accounts, writing proposals, coordinating commercial copy-writing and production and ongoing billing collection.
Build relationships and sell radio as a marketing solution to help clients meet their key business challenges.
Follows up on sales orders and ensures client satisfaction.
Ensures sales orders are submitted and processed according to company policies and procedures.
May require visits to client offices and premises.
May require client outings to sports and other entertainment.
Troubleshoot issues as necessary.
Provides weekly activity/call reports and other sales reports when required.
Qualifications and Skills
High School Diploma is required, an Associates or Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Minimum of 2 years of professional experience B2B/Outside Sales, with a demonstrated track record of meeting aggressive sales goals. Broadcast sales experience is beneficial, but not critical.
Must be a motivated and an enthusiastic self-starter who is able to work effectively in a team environment and also independently.
Strong Adobe Photoshop and MS Office skills (Power Point, Excel and Word) is desired.
Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
Must be detail oriented.
Ability to work under deadlines and in a fast-paced environment.
Willingness to travel.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Office environment, some repetitive motion required. Requires travel to station events and client sites, valid drivers’ license is required with good driving record. Must have a reliable means of transportation and maintain current insurance and registration.
Experience Preferred – 2 years
PROMOTIONS ASSISTANT - PART TIME
The Promotions Assistant is responsible for assisting in the weekly remotes, events sponsored by station/s or clients. Keys to success in this position is the ability to demonstrate solid organizational and communication skills, as well as represent our radio stations in a professional and enthusiastic way.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Apply positive communication skills when interacting with our co-workers, listeners, clients, etc.
· Coordinates efforts on-site with Sales, Promotions and Programming personnel.
· Upload promotional pictures to public files on network at the completion of remote or event. Social media skills such as assisting with Facebook Live transmissions and posting professional pictures is a big plus.
· Properly inventory all prizes.
· Purchase prizes, food, drinks and items needed for promotion events or remotes.
· Ensures Van is prepared with appropriate event material including, sound system, tent, table, extension cords, or any other supplies as needed.
· Insures all station vans receive proper maintenance, vans should be fueled and promotional ready at all times.
· Maintenance/Cleaning of remote storage areas including vans.
· Demonstrate ability to deal effectively with all team members exercising tact, diplomacy and patience at all times.
· Assist with other duties as assigned by Programming, Promotions, Sales and General Management.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
· Must be bilingual in English and Spanish
· High School Diploma is preferred
· Must be able to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays.
· Must be a motivated and an enthusiastic self-starter who is able to work effectively in a team environment and also independently.
· Exceptional time management and organizational skills
· Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
· Must be detail oriented
· Ability to work under deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
· Willingness to travel
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
Ability to lift or move a minimum of 50+ pounds and stand for long periods may be required. Requires travel to station events and client sites, valid drivers’ license is required with good driving record. Must have a reliable means of transportation and maintain current insurance and registration.